Saturday, May 7, 2011

WONDERFUL Mother's Day

It was a wonderful mother's day weekend. It was great spending the weekend with family and friends. Here are some pictures of Lindsey, Olivia, Adi, and I at our church's mother's day brunch.




Here's one of me and my sweet little girl! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being her mommy.


The best mother's day gift of all was that I was able to get baptized this weekend. Baptism is about publicly identifying with Christ. It is an act of obedience. Baptism is an outward expression of an inward decision to align oneself with Christ and what He lived and died for. That inward decision to align myself with Christ was a decision I made as an adult, therefore, my infant baptism wasn't obedient to what God calls us to do. I couldn't be happier today and feel truly alive with Christ's Spirit!


I hope you all had a great mother's day as well!

Print this post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adi is always so happy with a great smile.I am so anxious to c u.....

Lindsey said...

So excited to see you get baptized today! So thankful for our friendship! :)

Jennifer said...

Love that you chose to be baptized, and so nice to have done it on mother's day! Your photos brought back memories of my own adult baptism...such a special occasion. Can't wait to see you soon!