Sunday, June 1, 2014

Strawberry Picking 2014

We DEFINITELY got more strawberries, which was the goal.  Lindsey and I picked 40 pounds of strawberries, double what we were hoping for.  We went with the Pettigrew's this year as well.  We were told that a buck held 1.5 pounds, that was incorrect.  A full tub holds 5 pounds.  Picking strawberries is one of my favorite things to do in late Spring/ early Summer.  The kids love picking, and I am really hoping to have my own berry bushes by next season here at the house.  




These two cuties got tired of picking and started eating!

These are the 10 buckets we ended up with.
This is what we were left with when we finished making jelly.
The majority of the jars were pint jars.
I also froze 2 twenty ounce bags of strawberries.
Next year we would be good with 20 to 30 pounds of strawberries.  We don't need 40!  Also,  As we make batches dump them all into my large stock pot and fill jars after mixing all batches together!!! MESSY!!!

Print this post

3 comments:

Leigha said...

The jelly is so good- I need the recipe next year :) I ended up freezing a huge bag leftover as well!

JenClutter said...

Where did you pick?

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! Maybe you could send some home with Marilyn.