Friday, December 12, 2008

7 Weeks and Counting!!!

Brandon and I had our first ultrasound yesterday. It was AMAZING! We have confirmed the following:

  • I am 7 weeks along today
  • Due date of July 31st
  • He or she's heart rate was 140
  • He or she is the size of a grain of rice
  • Lastly, there is only one in there :)
Hearing the quick little heart beat put quite a smile on both of our faces. What a blessing and miracle to think that such a complex little being could be created in only 7 short weeks! The preparation of reading three books at once, making lists of things we'll need, and throwing around names has already begun. I'm still feeling pretty sick at night (tangerines are the only thing that helps), but I am feeling pretty good the rest of the day. I go back on January 12th for my 12 week check up. It will be a basic visit, but I will get to hear the heart beat again!

Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both!!! Congratulations on your new baby! I can't wait to get together and catch up! Congrats to Brandon on his promotion too; he has worked very hard for it!

I hope your feeling better soon. Call me again when things settle down.

Jan said...

So, so, so exciting!!!! Many prayers and well wishes are coming your way during this wonderful time. And...as a side note, I'd like to throw the name "Jan" into the ring for baby names. Just sayin...