Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Emalyn Marie Haight's birth story!

I'll just start by saying your birth was so very special.  I think every one of our children's births has been truly miraculous and a little glimpse into the majesty and sheer wonder of our AMAZING God! Since I was pretty sure this would be our last baby I really wanted to try and have a drug free delivery.  I had wanted to with Adison, but wasn't educated on what it took to have a natural delivery.  This time around I made sure to do my homework. 

I really can't believe I went as far over due as I did.  Every night I would say to Brandon, "Tonight is the night!"  We decided after the 41 week mark we would plan an induction.  My mom had been here since the18th to help and you still hadn't come.  I was a little nervous about being induced since I really wanted to go natural.  Typically the pitocin makes contractions so much worse, so I went in Monday morning with a very open mind.  We got there at 6:00am and did paper work and got a hep-lock in.  Dr. Lenienbach came in at 8:30am on the dot to break my water.  They started the pitocin right after they broke my water and made me sit in the bed until 9:00 to monitor me.  My nurse came in at 9:00 with an exercise ball, and I started bouncing and moving.  I was determined to get things moving quickly. 

The contractions came on quick and strong!  I was starting to get really uncomfortable after only 30 minutes.  I called and asked the nurse to come in and check me at 9:40.  I was already at 6 cm and was all the way thinned out.  I think she was pretty shocked things were progressing so quickly.  Dr. L hadn't planned to come back until after a surgery she had at noon, but my nurse called her and said she may want to stop by before her surgery.  I was heading into transition and things were getting very intense.  I labored really wonderfully for the next hour.  It was such a great experience.  I felt very emotional and connected to everything that was happening.  At 10:30 they were prepping everything for me to push and I was really scared to push.  I didn't think I was really ready to start pushing.  About 10 minutes later she was out.  It was so very cool to experience a birth with no drugs at all.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

Emalyn Marie Haight 
8lbs 1oz
21 inches
Born at 10:46am on March 23, 2015








Print this post

1 comments:

Leigha said...

LOVE!!! What a special birth story! (Also I'm so proud of you! ;) )