Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Needed a little "therapy"

Today was a rough day. Poor little Abey was up all night, and after a trip to the doctor he has a pretty bad ear infection. It was a bit of a family outing any way. Adi bit her tongue pretty darn bad this morning. It was still bleeding when we headed to the doctor this afternoon. She really doesn't seem phased by it much, but it sure looks bad. Dr. Marx said to keep an eye on it. She put her Starbucks strawberry smoothie away. Poor little thing was hungry and needed a bit of a liquid diet after it happened this morning.
Even though I am a bit tired (been up since 4:15 :) I decided I wanted to go plant some of my precious little seeds. It really is so therapeutic creating delicious food for my family from a tiny little seed. The smell of the soil gave me an extra burst of energy (maybe I'll clean the kitchen now :) This weather is really messing with my head. I keep thinking I am so behind and that it's too late. According to my schedule I'm right on track. I've decided I am going to stick to my schedule - knowing southern Indiana we'll have some freezing nights in the next month for sure. It really is CRAZY that it hit 85 today! My hope is really for my 24 tomato plant to do great. They are my babies and the rest is just bonus.

I started brussel sprouts, swiss chard, and Chinese cabbage tonight!
Start growing little babies!




My onions are chilling out waiting for me to transplant them!




Home made green house!

Print this post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the babies are having a rough time! Let them know we love them and I really hope that we can see you all this year. We miss you guys. On a lighter note, I wish I had your green thumb. I have been wanting to plant ANYTHING but trying to do that in this Tucson weather is hard. If ya have any tips for me, send me an email!

Brandon said...

I so love it that you are devoted to your gardening, babe.
Sorry the kids are having a rough go; I can't wait to get home & see you guys.
In the meantime, keep sniffing dirt if you need energy! ;)

Sherri K. said...

You are so cool.....I love the gardening you do :)
I sure hope you catch up on sleep tonight....looking forward to seeing you Friday! :)