Thursday, April 19, 2012

On being a SAHM

Some of the time I feel like my job really isn't that important of a job. I let this world get me down and fail to remember how truly important my job is - and I mean that. It's easy to down play the not so exciting tasks that fill up my day. But, when I really think about my job I feel so thankful and honored that God (and my husband) has given me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Like any job there are moments of frustration and times when my patience has been worn thin! But the good moments are oh so good! Like yesterday, I was vacuuming the living room and Adi and Abe were in the kitchen busy with stickers and his jumperoo when Adi looked at me yelling over the vacuum, "mom, mom, mom." I'll admit I thought to myself, what now! She smiled at me so big and said, "you're doing a great job." The honesty in her voice almost brought me to tears. I know what you're thinking - you're vacuuming for crying out loud. But glamorous or not, it is part of my job and my sweet little two year old sure encouraged me in that moment! I'd be lost without my wonderful SAHM's. It is amazing to have friends that understand where I'm coming from and what my days truly consist of. Being a SAHM sure isn't an easy job, but it is, in my opinion, the best job in the whole wide world!!!

Print this post

3 comments:

A Steiner Story said...

Well said!!! You are a great mom and our job is definitely harder then it seems - but also the most rewarding!

Lindsey said...

AGREED!! Well said friend! I to am thankful for my SAHM friends, especially you! Helps to have people understand what our days are like :)

Leigha said...

She is so sweet. God knew just what you needed (even from your sweet 2 year old!) to be encouraged that day. It's not an easy job by any means but it is so worth it!