Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Climber = Bye Bye Paci

I am proud to report that we are PACI FREE here at the Haight house hold.  Two Friday's ago (May 31st - Abe 20 months) we had just put Abe down and we're in Adi's room putting her down when Abe moseyed into Adi room with a big smile.  Brandon put him back in his bed and told him we do not climb out of the bed.  Brandon watched through the crack in the door as Abe climbed to the top, threw a leg over, and dropped to the ground.  He did it again the next day during nap time, so Brandon basically put he mattress on the ground.  I knew I HAD to get rid of the paci for good immediately.  I didn't want to deal with a big boy bed and getting rid of the paci at the same time.  It went a lot better then expected.  He cried anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour for the first week, but it is gone and I am so very happy about it.

This is Abe's current sleeping arrangement   
You always liked the paci, but Japan is when you became truly addicted to it! Bye bye forever paci!

Print this post

1 comments:

Leigha said...

So proud of him (and you) and glad we can now say bye forever to the pacis! High five!!
(And I like the mattress on the ground idea, never thought of that despite all the other ideas I had, lol)