Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quiet weekend in Haubstadt

We had such a nice weekend here not doing anything terribly exciting, but enjoying the weather, each others company, and some good community fun.  The police station had a 100 year anniversary which was really nice.  I only took a few pictures, but they had a lot of nice stuff for the kids to do and the rainy weather didn't stop us.  The kids got their faces painted, they got to shoot, they saw animals from the zoo, they had a nice lunch with Dewig's meats, all-in-all a good time.  I even went and got a pedicure in the afternoon which was a great treat for me!  After church today we all took naps and lounged around and then went out to Tony and Dana's golf cart open house.  We grilled pizzas this weekend and picked delicious stuff from the garden all weekend long!  I love that this summer hasn't proven to be terribly hot yet!

Daddy daughter shooting time with the bb gun.
Doesn't Abe look adorable in his little hat?!

Happy little girl!
I bought a big thing of beads at a yard sale on Friday and I tell you what.  It was the best three dollars I have ever spent in my life.  Adi made bracelets, beaded letters, more bracelets, and then some more bracelets. :)
I really need to do a garden update with pictures (I've been bad about that this season).  The cooler weather has done wonders for my lettuces.  I have tons of lettuce, spinach, and arugula.  We have had fresh yummy salads every night for the last couple weeks!  I started picked the radishes Friday and have been using a lot of my basil and parsley.  We're waiting on the rest of it, but the daily rain has made for some very healthy plants.  :)

Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those beads look familiar! :) Cute pics.