Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grandma Millie's Dill Pickles

As dorky as this is going to sound, I have been so excited to make my Grandma's dill pickle recipe. I wanted to make sure I did everything exactly how she did it. After talking with my mom and aunt Kris I knew it was important to use fresh dill and to use well water. I found a lady that works at a nursery that Bran and I go to often who grows it fresh and brought me an entire bag in for free. The well water was pretty easy to get my hands on thanks to a sweet girl Bran works with. I know people around here that make pickles probably think I'm crazy, but I wanted to follow her recipe to the "T". I love how food brings back certain memories, and that people really do live on through the food we make!

I'll let you know in a few weeks how they taste.




Print this post

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

those look very tasty!! :)

patricia said...

Grandma would be so proud of you!
They look just great. Save us a jar. Have fun at the car show.

Kelly Koster said...

yumm... can't wait to try them when I visit in Sept!

Kristin said...

They turned out beautifully. You are on now on your way to becoming a canning expert :)