Sunday, February 26, 2012

On turning 30!

I can honestly say that I feel ENORMOUSLY blessed to be turning thirty tomorrow! I've thought about the big birthday from time to time in this last year, and I do have to say that it is pretty surprising that I am turning thirty. I really don't feel THIRTY (like it is some bad/dirty word). I couldn't be happier with where my life is and the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me!

Not having family close by can be tough (you're all great and I love/miss you dearly), but having AMAZING friends sure makes it a lot easier. Throughout my twenties friends have come and gone. I really do believe that God puts people in our lives for different seasons. It is amazing to know that there are those hand full of people you will always have in your life to lean on. Whether you talk to them every day or once every couple months those people that you have truly connected with will always hold a special place in your heart. I feel very lucky to have been blessed with true friendship throughout my twenties.

I have two BEAUTIFUL children who I absolutely ADORE. While there are difficult days, I never end a day without thinking am I really this lucky to get to stay home and love them, watch them grow, kiss that boo-boo, play babies, read the same book over and over again, and watch their little faces light up when I do some goofy motion, dance, or made up song?! Their smiles and laughs melt my heart - I am so in love with them!

I have an amazing husband who loves me with every bone in his body. It is hard to believe that we have been together for twelve and a half years. We have grown up together which is such a special thing not many people get to experience. There have been more wonderful memories then I can even begin to count. I grow closer to him, and fall more in love with him as each day passes!

And last, but certainly not least is what I am the most thankful for as I enter my thirties, my Lord and Savior. My faith has grown by leaps and bounds in the last ten years. Our God is a God full of grace, love, and forgiveness, just to name a few. He is my Rock and I couldn't deal with this life it weren't for Him. I recently read something wonderful about growing older, "Jesus is all about living an abundant life in the here and now … whatever stage of life that may be for you. Jesus came so that we can live abundantly and eternally. Eternity began the moment you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away (Mary Southerland)."

So there you have it - I am ecstatic about turning 30!!! I can't wait to see what the next decade holds for our family!

Print this post

9 comments:

Aunt Kris S Dakota said...

That was so beautiful.Not many 30 year olds would say this.We always think of all the bad never look at the good things we can be thank-ful for..You do have a wonderful husband,family and friends.Enjoy the next 30.Happy Birthday Alison!!!!

Lindsey said...

Happy 30th Birthday friend! You have been such a blessing to so many people! We love you! Enjoy 30!! I'll be there with you soon!

Mom said...

It's not even 5:00 am. I am crying as I read this. Happy Birthday!! I am so proud of you and miss you so!! Enjoy your birthday. We love you very much!!
Mom

Brandon said...

The fact that Lord has blessed me with such a beautiful wife & allowed me to share in 12.5 of her previous years is one of the greatest blessings I have ever received.

Wishing I were home. Loathing that I'm not.

I can't wait to see you in a few days. Happy 30th, momma.

A Steiner Story said...

Happy Birthday Alison! You are such a beautiful person and fun friend and we are so lucky to have you in our lives! I hope you have a FABULOUS day! Hopefully we get to see you soon! Kim

Kelly Koster said...

Well written sister. You truly are blessed with an amazing family and life! Happy Birthday to you.. love and miss you. Can't wait to see you and Abey in 1 week!!

Leigha said...

Loved this post! You are so inspiring! I hope you are having a wonderful 30th birthday.

Libby said...

You are so cute... :) Take it from me you finally get to enjoy an amazing life in your thirties you no longer are waiting to become something or finish something. You finally get to just do :) Enjoy it when and while you can. Love you cousin.
PS I might steal Adi she is as cute as a button growing up.

April said...

Im late with this but I hope you had a GREAT birthday. :)