Thursday, October 18, 2012

The People...

I have been very impressed by the kindness of the Japanese people.  I've been trying to have my camera with me at all times now because I have encountered so many sweet moments with these caring people that I really want to capture the moments so years later we can remember what an amazing experience this has been!

I'll start by saying these people LOVE American kids.  Multiple times a week we get stopped by a Japanese person that go gaga over Adi and Abe.  Whether they speak English or not they make it clear how smitten they are over them.  I mean who can blame them, when our charming little three year old rattles off all her Japanese speaking skills. 

We walked with this kind older lady from Sake all the way to our hotel.  Her English wasn't the greatest, but that didn't stop her.  She was genuinely interested in our lives and how we were enjoying our time in Japan.  She loved "trying" to talk with Adi and they even sang "Twinkle twinkle" together.  When we parted ways she told us how happy she was that she was able to walk and talk with us. 


Print this post

0 comments: