Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kindness...

Oh my heart is spilling with love after a wonderful time at the lovely little grape stand which is just up the street from our apartment.  We have been going there every week to buy jam, juice, or delicious grapes.  We headed up there today and were excited to get some more yummy grapes, but the harvest is over and there were no grapes!  There was a very kind man working on unloading kiwi which he had just harvested that day that I had never seen there before.  Adison ran up to the stand, so excited to get some of the beyond tasty grapes to share with Gigi when he told her the harvest was over.  The look on her face said it all.  I could tell how badly he felt that he had no grapes to sell to us.  My mom bought a couple jars of jam and he said one moment please - I have grapes for her.  He ran across a pretty busy street, to a home and ran back with bundles in hand.  He stood at a table carefully grooming the bundles of grapes.  He brought them over to her and told her it was his gift to her.  I tried very hard to pay, but he insisted it was a gift for Adison since she was so excited about getting grapes.  I seriously think they were from his home across the street.  Adi took such an interest in this man and was being absolutely charming and sweet with this kind guy.  She just kept talking and talking to him.  His English was great, and he took a genuine interest in us and how we were enjoying being in Japan.  I got a beautiful picture of the kindness between these two.  It was so special to see another example of these caring people, and even more special that I was able to see our 3 year old be so appreciative and sweet in return.  Adi's kindness and loving personality melts my heart!  Gratitude is the best word I can use to describe how I feel about being this AMAZING little girls mother!  I am so BLESSED!!!!




Print this post

1 comments:

Kelly Koster said...

What a great story! Amazing how generous and loving they are in Japan.