Friday, May 7, 2010

My Growing Garden!

I've had a bunch of requests for pictures of the garden from my family, so here you go. The gardening has really been a lot of fun! I am really happy Brandon encouraged me to start planning it out last fall! We enjoyed the fruits of our labor for the first time last night. I harvested my first batch of Spinach and Arugula last night. We both had a good size dinner salad and I had another 3 or 4 cups worth to use today! The veggies just taste amazing. Living in a small town it is really difficult to go strictly organic, but we are really changing the main staples. We are buying all of our meat from our local butcher in town, Dewigs. We are growing plenty of all the veggies we like, and I am planning on doing a fall harvest as well, and I am getting a lot of other items from our only natural foods store in Evansville. After watching Food Inc. you'll want to eat all organic too!

Below are some pictures of our plentiful garden! Remember, these all started out as little seeds.


My far East box

Yellow onions

Sugar Snap Peas

Japanese Cabbage

Red and Yellow New Potatoes

Arugula

Spinach

My "24" Tomato Plants (5 varieties)
Let the canning begin!

1st Harvest of the year!

Print this post

1 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Food Inc. changed us too. Our garden is not nearly as big as I would like. Yours looks really good! Was it hard to find grass fed beef?