Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Garden update May 2012

The garden is doing great so far this season.  It has been pretty warm here, so everything seems to double over night!  Adi and I are enjoying going out and working out there after we get Abe down for bed at 6:30.  The thing that I was most excited about this year was a spinach that vines and loves the hot weather.  Unfortunately, I have had a nasty cat getting into my garden!  He or she has dug up my spinach a couple times now, but it is still alive, but not really vining yet.

Onions - they do well every year.













Sugar snap peas!  Love gobbling these puppies up daily.  They also do so well.  I have the cutest video of Adi pronouncing their name - oh so cute!  Maybe I'll post it below this post for you all to enjoy! :)












My yummy arugula thriving wonderfully. 












The green beans are doing well so far.  I have tons of blooms on their now, so as long as the terrible heat doesn't cause them to drop their blooms before the bean start growing we should finally have them after three years of trying.












Look at that sweet little gardener. 












My 26 tomato plants - I'm praying I'm able to can this year!












LOVES to water (not so focused on getting the water into the garden though)!












We've been pulling this amount of sugar snap peas off every night.

Print this post

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Looking great, mama!

Leigha said...

Wow, impressive! I can't wait to see if our squash or cantaloupe will produce anything. Our onions are looking great too!