Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend 2013

This mother's day weekend was wonderful.  I love it when all four of us are able to spend good quality time as a family.  We hung out with friends Friday evening while the kids ran around outside.  The weather was beautiful and the company was even better.  Saturday was another gorgeous day so we decided to go to the BBQ Festival in Owensboro with Tom and CC!  I would spend each and every day out and about enjoying perfectly sunny days if I could.  We ate good food, let the kids play on their awesome new playground by the river, and let the kids enjoy all the other festivities.  Here are some pictures from Saturday!











Brandon is such an amazing man who always makes days for me so very special.  He got me more beads form my Pandora bracelet, a beautiful picture charm bracelet.  He also came come with flowers, and a "cellar stocker" collection of wine.  I love a good glass a wine and don't buy a bottle for us to enjoy as often as I'd like, so Brandon stocked us up for a very long time.  I love it that he has taken a liking to wine now as well.  It is so relaxing to enjoy a good glass of wine with my honey!


Most importantly, I absolutely LOVE being a mama.  These two kids are such a blessing to me and have helped me to grow into a better person.  Like anything, being a mom comes with it's ups and downs, but embracing motherhood is so liberating in a way. Breathing in the sweet moments and exhaling the difficult ones is so very fulfilling.  There are many dear family members and friends and support me in this role as mother.  I'd be truly lost without you moms who I am so close to (you know who you are)!  I feel nothing but love for my sweet little family, so I'll leave you with this!

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrong doing. It does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres." (Corinthians 13)

Print this post

0 comments: