Thursday, September 20, 2012

Walking - day 12

One great thing about living here in Japan is that you walk EVERYWHERE!  I knew we would walk a lot but I had no idea exactly how much we would walk. Marilyn and I tried the last two days to find a 100 yen shop - about 7 miles later and two days of trying we finally found it this morning.  My tablet has helped a ton, but not being able to read Kanji makes it difficult.  We walked a crazy 5 mile circle yesterday with no luck.  Brandon helped me figure it out last night and this morning was a success!  I feel so bad that Marilyn has to haul my 80 pound stroller up and down hills. I so badly wish I could help, but just can't do a lot one handed!  You better bring your walking shoes, mom and dad!

My kids are adapting pretty well to being in the stroller for long periods of time too. I told Marilyn, "Heck - I'll be able to go to the mall for hours when we get home!". Abe's been getting a little antsy here and there, so I wear him in the Ergo to switch it up a bit. He seems pretty happy about being on my back now.  Here are some pictures from today!

Sweet little siblings

Grammy catching the run away!

Nice metal swings
Watching the guy make our dinner!

Print this post

1 comments:

Leigha said...

I tried to leave a comment the other day but it didn't work. I LOVE seeing all your pictures..makes it seem like you aren't so far away! So glad you are enjoying yourself despite the setback. Miss you!