Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve Cookies

As far back as I can remember there has never been a Christmas Eve where I haven't made my Grandma's cut out cookies.  There is something about family traditions that just tug at my heart.  The fond memories of making these every year always floods my mind and helps me remember what is really important; family.  Adison and "Abe" had a blast making and frosting the cookies.  We did most of the work when Abe was asleep, but we saved him a cookie and some icing so he wouldn't miss out on the action. 

Grandma Alice Ahern's Christmas Cookie Recipe

1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

375 degrees 8-10 minutes

My dear friend Lindsey's Icing Recipe

2/3 cup butter
1lb powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk (add gradually) may not need all of it. 






Print this post

1 comments:

Gigi said...

Thanks for keeping my mom's spirit alive. She would be so pleased!! We made the cookies too. Ryan and Kelly did a great job of decorating them. They were delicious!!